Monday, May 11, 2015

Planting Seeds in My Gothic Garden

Throughout history there has been one persistent destroyer of man that terrifies kings and servants alike. Whispers of its arrival send chills down Dracula's undead spine. No one has ever been able to end its horrible reign. Its name is Monday. Even the most ghoulish ghost flies a little lower and has a little less umph in his "boo" on a Monday.

About four years ago I put Snake and Roxy, the shop and the blog, on a back burner. I've recently decided to get it all going again. I have a new logo and new inspiration. And today is the day to make the first blog post. On a Monday.

Beginning a day, a week, or a new project with appreciation always seems to take the sting out of the initiation. So that's where I'll start. Every Monday I will post about someone's work that I enjoy, hopefully contributing to a positive Monday for them, you, and me.

Today I made a treasury on Etsy. It's full of beautiful things I want to put in my garden of doom! Here's just a taste. Go check out all sixteen pieces here.

This baby gargoyle sculpture from HedegaardsWhimsies is possibly the most adorable creature I've ever seen.



I love ravens.  And water color.  This print by DeanCrouserArt is gorgeous.



MakingMidCenturyMod has wonderful vintage pieces, including this perfect tricycle planter.




Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment